December 2021 Member of the Month Interview: Katie Johnston
1. What do you do outside of the gym? Career, hobbies, etc.!
I work at Averett University as the Coordinator of Enrollment Services. In my spare time I enjoy hiking, traveling and just about anything else as long as I can bring my dog, Georgia!
2. How long have you been training with us?
3. What's been your biggest accomplishment since you began training with us?
I ran my first Half-marathon in October. I couldn’t have done it without the combination of cardio and strength training that this gym provides. I’m also very far away from being able to do a kipping pull up but I can tell that each time we do them I get one step closer to being able to do one.
4. What's your favorite thing about being a member here?
My favorite part about this gym is how welcoming and encouraging everyone is. I also like the fact that I’m always challenged and pushed to a new level. It’s very obvious that this gym values their members and I like being part of a gym like that. I never thought I could do “CrossFit” but River City Fitness Center made me realize that anyone can do it!
5. What would you say to someone who is considering training with us?
If you are looking for a gym that truly takes interest in all of the members and gives killer work outs then this is the place for you!