January Member of the Month Interview: Jackie Slaughter
1. What do you do outside of the gym?
I am currently starting a new job with Spartan Safe after working for Bacon Enterprises for 38 years. Although it is sad to leave Bacon I am very excited to start this new adventure. Also I love football of course but sadly my son Hunter just finished up his long haul in football. He is on to bigger and better things.
2. How long have you been training with us?
I have been with River City since the beginning and I came over from the previous gym we were are all members of.
3. What's been your biggest accomplishment since you began training with us?
I know this is sad but after 7 yrs of doing CrossFit I am now able to do movements correctly. Still having to be corrected of course. And 1 can now run a mile now without stopping. Still slow though.
4. What's your favorite thing about being a member here?
Most definitely the 6am crazies!! That’s including the coaches.
5. What would you say to someone who is considering training with us?
There is not one person out there that can say they can’t do CrossFit because if I can anyone can. I fought cancer 11 yrs ago and still take meds that deteriorate my bones but with CrossFit I have built my bone density back to normal strength. I don’t say this to boast but to encourage anyone that may have the same issue.